check spelling on word in "restrictions" warning

For community testing of Calender releases.
kisaac
Community Moderators

check spelling on word in "restrictions" warning

Post by kisaac »

See typo on 4th line of text of "restriction" warning when you "add event" and select "restriction." Grammar is a little awkward to me as well on 5th line....

• Warning!!!

This is NOT a standard event or facility reservation.

With this option, the following occurs:

A block of time is set aside ath the LDS Facility specified.
    Then only the Unit that is specified can create events during this block of time at the facility.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: check spelling on word in "restrictions" warning

Post by russellhltn »

I'm happy to see that warning. If we could add something that stresses that it's not blocked off for an organization, that would really be nice.

Suggestion: "Only calendars that in the specified unit can create events during this time at this facility. If a stake is specified, then only stake-level calendars can schedule this location."

(Some people have thought that "stake" meant anyone in the stake - sort of like "stake visibility" for the directory. Which I'm sure would be nice for multi-stake buildings.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Suggestion:
Allow me to help:

A block of time is set aside at the LDS Facility specified.

Only the unit that is specified can create events during this block of time.

If the stake is specified, events can only be created on stake calendars. Other units in the stake will not be able to create events during this block of time at this facility.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

And, after the "restrictions" warning, you again use the term Event and restriction somewhat interchangeably... adding confusion:
restriction.jpg
restriction.jpg (82.2 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
I think you established above that a restriction IS NOT an EVENT, but your box asks for an EVENT description. It really should ask instead for a RESTRICTION description.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Thanks for the feedback the typos should be fixed next time we push new code to beta.

Return to “Beta Calendar”