Possible to post regional info into online directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ryancormack

Possible to post regional info into online directory?

Post by ryancormack »

As more people are using the internet and smart phones many members of our stake are slowly moving away from the printed directories and using the online directory on lds.org. One issue we found, however, is that certain groups can not be entered. :(

For example contact information and address on the nearest temple, contact information for institute director (a senior missionary), contact information for the physical facilities management group (using church office phone, not home phone), and contact information for the mission office. Even having the phone number to the various meeting houses and family history libraries would be useful.

Is it possible to have this information listed somehow in the online directory?

A similar question was posted in 2011 but I'm not sure I understand the answer that was given and if that version is even still being used.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 082#p73062

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Possible to post regional info into online directory?

Post by russellhltn »

To update the suggestion, make a directory of these contacts and post it as a "news" item for the stake. It won't be in the online directory, but it will be available online in a place that you probably want members to visit anyway.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryancormack wrote:A similar question was posted in 2011 but I'm not sure I understand the answer that was given and if that version is even still being used.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 062#p73062
That answer was referring to the old Local Unit Web Sites, which are now completely discontinued, and that answer also was posted before the current Newsletter tool was even available.

But nonetheless, the spirit of the answer (translated into current technology) was to do exactly what RussellHltn suggested: post that contact information in an article on the Newsletter.
ryancormack

Post by ryancormack »

Thanks very much for your prompt replies. Much appreciated! I will forward this to our stake clerk to see if he can implement.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”