Sister not displayed in Relief Soceity Group

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
clinford

Sister not displayed in Relief Soceity Group

Post by clinford »

There is a sister in my ward, who has an email address entered for herself, but her husband and household do not have an email address entered. When I go to the Ward Organizations list and choose "Relief Society", she shows up in the list, but her email address is not displayed there (but her mobile phone number is). This means she does not get the email I send to "Relief Society" list. How can this be fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Sister not displayed in Relief Soceity Group

Post by aebrown »

clinford wrote:There is a sister in my ward, who has an email address entered for herself, but her husband and household do not have an email address entered. When I go to the Ward Organizations list and choose "Relief Society", she shows up in the list, but her email address is not displayed there (but her mobile phone number is). This means she does not get the email I send to "Relief Society" list. How can this be fixed?
Does her email address appear when you look at her individual section of their household in the Household section? If it doesn't appear there as well, then it is most likely that her email address is listed as "Private - Leadership Only." In that case, the only thing you can do is ask her if she would like to change the privacy setting for her email address.
clinford

Post by clinford »

Yes, her email appears in her individual section of the "Head of Household" section. That is why I think its so weird that I can see it there, but not in the RS list. Seems like a bug to me.

Just to be clear, you're trying to email from the directory and not LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There have been various bugs reported where thing like that happen unless the privacy is set to "Stake". If you can see it but it won't go in the list, I'd agree that's a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clinford

Post by clinford »

Has this bug been submitted to their bug tracking tool?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something similar has been, but I wanted to make sure of the perimeters of this one before updating it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:There have been various bugs reported where thing like that happen unless the privacy is set to "Stake". If you can see it but it won't go in the list, I'd agree that's a bug.
The original post specifically says that "she shows up in the list, but her email address is not displayed there (but her mobile phone number is)". So we're talking about the display, and not the email function (although clearly if the email address isn't visible, it won't be included when you choose the "Email all Relief Society" link).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

clinford wrote:There is a sister in my ward, who has an email address entered for herself, but her husband and household do not have an email address entered. When I go to the Ward Organizations list and choose "Relief Society", she shows up in the list, but her email address is not displayed there (but her mobile phone number is). This means she does not get the email I send to "Relief Society" list. How can this be fixed?
Back to the original point, have you checked to see what the privacy setting is on her individual email address?

Note that in the Household view, if you are a clerk or someone else who has rights to see information marked as "Private - Leadership Only," you will see an individual email address marked as private. But in the Ward Organizations section, private email addresses are NOT displayed, even for clerks. I can't think of any good reason for that inconsistency, but it has been reported before: Email not showing in Ward Organizations > Relief Society. And I don't see any evidence that the product team considers that to be a bug.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”