Auxiliary Presidency (example - YM presidency) access?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Ipiu2

Auxiliary Presidency (example - YM presidency) access?

Post by Ipiu2 »

In the future, will the auxiliary presidencies have access to the following:

1. Edit Member Contact Information (for example - update contact information for young men, especially if they are inactive)

2. View Seminary Attendance via LCR?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Auxiliary Presidency (example - YM presidency) access?

Post by russellhltn »

Ipiu2 wrote:1. Edit Member Contact Information (for example - update contact information for young men, especially if they are inactive)
I'd be concerned about "too many cooks in the kitchen" if auxiliaries were allowed to edit contact information as you could have "edit wars" if two groups have different information. Both may be working off their own information but one of them doesn't realize it's not up to date.

Note that members have the ability edit their own telephone and email address.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

russellhltn wrote: I'd be concerned about "too many cooks in the kitchen" if auxiliaries were allowed to edit contact information as you could have "edit wars" if two groups have different information. Both may be working off their own information but one of them doesn't realize it's not up to date.
Great point!

In that case, whoever has the primary responsibility to update membership contact information can/will still have the option to approve the changes before they are finally updated on the member profile.

For inactive member/s - I think they will be active if they are updating their contact information themselves.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It doesn't feel right that auxiliaries would be able to edit contact information directly. I suggest you discuss the need in ward council so that the bishop is aware of your needs and concerns. You could then work with a ward clerk to get information updated. The reason I recommend a discussion in ward council is that the bishop may be aware of situations which you are not and may need to give some guidance. Also, I don't know in which country you reside, but you may need to consider privacy laws before making such changes.

Assuming everything works well, you could probably just email updates to the ward clerk and he'll update the record.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”