Distribution Center

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thesmith7-p40

Distribution Center

Post by thesmith7-p40 »

Does anyone have a system for tracking DC orders.

The reason I ask is when I get the CUFS it only references a number.Then going back through the invoices, assuming I get them all, it is difficult to figure what auxillaries should be charged against their budget.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

B
gpetersen-p40

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

I usually have the ward clerk (he places the orders) make notes as to which auxillary the order is for on the packing lists, which he gives to me and I hold until I receive the invoice. Than works fine until such time that I don't actually get the invoice passed down to me. It would be nice if we were able to download the invoices like we do the financial statements.

Another option would be to have the person placing the order use a code representing the auxillary as part of the purchase order number. Of course, that wouldn't be very convenient when placing a large order for multiple auxillaries.
lancer-p40

Post by lancer-p40 »

I order online at ldscatalog.com and I can print out my order so that I have it now. Also if you order online you can go back and look up orders that you already place and print out additional copies of the orders. DC also emails you when the order got shipped but for me that does not help since the email goes to the Bishop.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”