Two Surname Household

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kubarycz

Two Surname Household

Post by kubarycz »

How can the family name in the My Household section of the Directory be updated to reflect a household with spouses that have different surnames?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Two Surname Household

Post by jdlessley »

The listing won't show both surnames. It will only show the head of household surname. Once the household is selected and displayed in the right pane then the preferred name, if one exists, or the full name of record, if there is no preferred name, will be displayed for the other spouse.

I know this is not the solution you want, but that is all that is currently available. This is a current limitation of the Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:It will only show the head of household surname.
It doesn't use the "Household name" field from MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:It doesn't use the "Household name" field from MLS?
That field is populated by default using the head of household surname. That household name can be edited. I will admit I have never attempted to edit the household name. For the purpose of the OP I guess a hyphenated name, or some combination of the two surnames, could be used. The listing in the Directory would still list the name provided alphabetically sorted. There would be no way to get both surnames listed separately in the Directory. So if the name provided was "Smith-Hale", or "Smith / Hale" or "Smith Hale", then the household name would be listed in the S section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”