Calendar won't load

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
christinattebury

Calendar won't load

Post by christinattebury »

I've been trying to access my ward calendar on LDS.org for two days and it won't load. I can log in and access the directory, but the calendar never loads. I'm using Safari 7.0.6 on an iMac running OS X 10.9.4. Please help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar won't load

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried a different browser or computer?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
christinattebury

That doesn't really fix my problem. We only have one computer in our house and I don't really want to install another browser. It's worked just fine up until a couple of days ago and now it won't work. I haven't changed anything on my end so I don't think the problem is on my end of things.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Sometimes, even though you have done nothing at all, computer settings change. I understand not wanting to try another computer or browser, but unless there are lots of others not able to download the calendar with your particular operating system and browser, I would suspect your computer before I would suspect a problem at the site.

Perhaps you could invite a friend with a Mac over to try it at your place and see if it may have something to do with your WiFi or Internet connection. Otherwise, it really is quite possible that an update somewhere has changed a setting.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

christinattebury wrote:That doesn't really fix my problem.
It's a standard troubleshooting step. At this point we don't know if it's because of some strange data that appears on your calendar or something with your computer.

A few others have complained about the calendar not working, but I think they were all iPad users. I think you're the first Mac user to complain. I suspect security settings may be preventing it from working. The calendar has to be able to get your time zone from your browser and be able to set cookies as to your viewing preference. If it can't do that, then it may not work at all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
christinattebury

It's working on my iPhone so it must be something with my browser, but I'm not sure what.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Try clearing browser cookies or cache.
rschelasin

Post by rschelasin »

Also having problems with calendar not loading on my ipad or iPhone. Spinning forever....
hansenblake

Post by hansenblake »

I had a member who had a problem with the calendar on his iPad. The page would load the frame but the calendar portion would just have a loading icon. He had accidentally turned on private browsing. When I turned it off it worked fine. He accidently turned it on again today and it failed to load. I turned it off and it worked fine. Now when people have a problem I look at the browser bar to see if it is dark (private) or light.

Return to “Calendar”