Listing responsible person when scheduling an activity

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kjmaclean

Listing responsible person when scheduling an activity

Post by kjmaclean »

Is it possible to create a field to capture the name of the responsible person and their email address when scheduling an activity on the calendar? This person would be the contact for making sure the building is returned to a condition fit for the next use. An added feature in which an automated email would be sent to the responsible person describing the standard to which the building should be cleaned after their event would help enormously.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Listing responsible person when scheduling an activity

Post by russellhltn »

Currently the only place to list that is as part of the Description field. There has been a feature request to have contact information for the person responsible, rather then the last person to "touch" the activity.

As for sending a email, I only see that as useful for family events. I doubt if the youth leaders would appreciate getting it every week. In the case of family events, there should be someone overseeing/scheduling that and it seems to me as a good person to be sending those emails.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

russellhltn wrote: In the case of family events, there should be someone overseeing/scheduling that
You mean like a building scheduler?

That doesn't happen in our ward. If some family wants to schedule the building they look for someone with rights and have them schedule it.

I agree with kjmclean. It would be good to have some mandatory contact field preferably with a phone number. We have a lot of outside groups schedule our building for various reasons and it would be good to be able to contact them and see if they really do need it all day or if someone can do something in the morning, or other things like that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TinMan wrote:You mean like a building scheduler?
That task could certainly be assigned to him/her, but I don't see anything requiring it. It could be anyone with edit rights to the appropriate calendar (which the Building Scheduler does NOT automatically get by virtue of their calling/assignment.)

But yes, a contact field would be nice.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”