Ward Unit Number

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
elainajh

Ward Unit Number

Post by elainajh »

I think the ward unit number should be available on the ward directory. This would help out members with schooling and also when they move somewhere else.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Unit Number

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum! If you are looking for an easy way to transfer your records, many members ask their "old" ward clerk to print them an "individual ordinance summary," or IOS, which you then can hand-carry to your new area and give to your "new" leadership. You could also ask your current clerk to transfer your records just before you move, as well, if you have your new address. With LDS.org maps, finding your new ward is also easy if you have your address.

Was there another reason you need the unit number?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

elainajh wrote:I think the ward unit number should be available on the ward directory. This would help out members with schooling and also when they move somewhere else.
There may be a use for the unit number in connection with church schools that I'm not aware of but you really don't need your old unit number when you move. The clerk of your new ward really just needs your full name and birthdate. The previous ward is not really useful information when requesting records.

However, as kisaa indicated having an IOS isn't a bad idea. In fact, having a current IOS for their records is a good idea for anyone anytime.
rachelhp

Post by rachelhp »

I found where to find the Unit! Oh happy day!

I signed in to churchofjesuschrist.org and clicked on leadership and clerk resources. Low and behold there was the unit number for my ward and my stake!

I know this is an old thread but...I'm attending BYUI and updated all my information after moving to a new state...when I went to my profile for religious affiliation it had my former Bishop and ward in my profile. I couldn't change that because it says to contact my Bishop to get my unit number. Aren't we done with bugging our Bishops about mundane things? :lol:

Luckily when I requested to my Bishop to update my honor code commitment I was able to select my current/correct Bishop. So I guess it doesn't really matter that it wasn't correct but now I that I was able to update it to my correct Unit I can sleep well at night. ;)
Last edited by rachelhp on Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”