Confidential Actions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

Confidential Actions

Post by drepouille »

I have been trying to help my stake president approve and submit some confidential actions that where submitted to him by a bishop here:
https://www.lds.org/ca

I sent him the URL and asked him to review and submit the items. However, he could not figure out exactly what he was supposed to do. Since I as the stake clerk cannot see what he sees, I could not help him much. So I looked for some online help. However, all I see are General Help, Forum, and Lessons on the Help menu.

Is there any source to tell stake presidents what they need to do with confidential actions on Leader and Clerk Resources?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mfmohlma

Re: Confidential Actions

Post by mfmohlma »

To the right of screen (under Options) there should be 3 icons, the first is a paper and pencil that has when hovered over says "Review, Approve or Edit". The 2nd is a printer (to print) and the 3rd is a trash can. After clicking the Edit icon, review the document and scroll to the bottom for a submit button.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Well, that much is true, although there is not always a submit button for all actions. Sometimes there is only a Finish or Print button, if I remember correctly. My stake president was confused by the long web form that displayed the council proceedings and decision. He probably didn't scroll to the bottom of the form to look for buttons.

If there was actual online help available that described each section and button, and what unit leaders are supposed to do versus their clerks, it would be an easier tool to use. It is hard for a clerk to help his unit leader if he can't see what the unit leader sees when he logs on.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I sat down with the stake president today and walked through these three actions the bishop had submitted. Two of them were simple and straightforward -- just review and submit. The third was a decision of formal probation, which we reviewed and "finalized". That was the one that confused the stake president. I explained that he simply needed to review the bishop's decision, since this probation was at the bishop's level, not at the stake level.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”