Can Gospel Library videos display on Chromecast?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
zumakyle

Can Gospel Library videos display on Chromecast?

Post by zumakyle »

The Gospel Library app on Android is now Chromecast compatible. Is this the same with the IOS version? I was thinking of getting some Chromecast sticks for the stake but needed to know how compatible the technology is before I do it.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can Gospel Library videos display on Chromecast?

Post by russellhltn »

Another factor you may want to consider is that there's little to no security. It would appear that most anyone could disrupt or highjack a Chromecast session.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hiltpatr

Post by hiltpatr »

I too would like the iOS version to have this. I am looking at some for my stake and found the security issue to be a problem. My solution is to take some old wireless routers that the stake has and turn them into wireless repeaters with separate ssid and password so that the password will only be given to people when they need it and not have everyone with access to take control.
SamuelsenR

Post by SamuelsenR »

Let me add my vote to this. I have several people who see the Android gospel library function and wonder why it is not on the ios version. The sooner the better!
vegas296

Post by vegas296 »

So what is the answer? Will it or will it not run on the iPhone system? If not, when do you expect it to work on the iPhone system?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't think it does, though I don't know anyone with a Chromecast to try it. It sounds like a good suggestion, though – I'd suggest submitting the feedback to gospelstudyapp@gmail.com.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”