Can see the Stake calendar but not the Ward

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tthall

Can see the Stake calendar but not the Ward

Post by tthall »

Recently moved from one state to another. Historically, had no problem viewing old ward, old stake and church calendars on android, IOS and Chrome. After the move, the new stake and church calendars are visible, but the new ward is not. I can see the new ward and stake directories, etc., but just no calendars.
drepouille

Re: Can see the Stake calendar but not the Ward

Post by drepouille »

Have you subscribed to your new ward's calendars?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you sure the ward has a calendar? It's possible they never bothered to set one up.

I assume you're checking by logging into the calendar on lds.org. Simply expecting LDS Tools to update may not work until you visit the subscription page and update your subscriptions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tthall

Post by tthall »

I have verified that the ward does use the calendars and that they are accessible to others in the ward. I have verified at lds.org that I am correctly subscribed to all of the ward calendars available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say you can't see them, exactly what happens? Some strange things can happen on certain months or when there's a large number events.

Silly question - you can see the ward calendars on the left side of the main calendar page and they are checked off?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tthall

Post by tthall »

When looking at the calendar on lds.org, I have, on the left side, a window listing all of the calendars that I am subscribed to. Within that list are 9 ward calendars, 14 stake calendars and 1 church calendar. When I check the box next to the subscribed stake calendars, the corresponding events appear on the month calendar to the right and when I uncheck them, the events are removed. When I check the box the next to the subscribed ward calendars, no events appear on the calendar to the right. I've attached a screenshot.
Attachments
Calendar.jpg
(129.03 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Well, that is no different from my view, since my ward doesn't create any calendar events. It doesn't matter if I check any of my ward calendars -- there are no events to display.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you are certain the ward has actual events on their calendar that you are not seeing, go into Calendar, click on the Tools (gear) icon, and go into the actual Subscriptions page (not just the check marks on the main page). Do something on that page (uncheck and check a box, or unsubscribe/subscribe again to a calendar).

There is something magic about getting to the actual Subscription page that finally triggers the Calendar to understand that you have moved to a new ward. (While you are there, make sure you are subscribed to the calendars you need.)

If that does not work, and you have multiple callings in MLS, you may also be experiencing a bug that I thought was resolved, but may still be lurking.

Return to “Calendar”