881W Firewall in reboot loop

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
danpass

881W Firewall in reboot loop

Post by danpass »

According to Global Support, ours is not the only device exhibiting this problem. It is only happening on one of 4 firewalls in our stake.
The device gets to the point where the VPN light comes on and everything appears normal for about 15 to 20 seconds. Then it spontaneously starts another reboot.
Support is working on the issue, which at the time I called, was suspected to be a bad configuration loaded somewhere.
I was told to temporarily bypass the firewall for the clerk computers until the issue is resolved or Internet is no longer needed on clerk computers for the day.
For us, this all started around 9:50 PDT.
pete.arnett

Re: 881W Firewall in reboot loop

Post by pete.arnett »

We had the same type of issue

But the meetinghouse Cisco 881 firewall may have been impacted when the meetinghouse took a power surge several weeks ago that caused the audio and satellite systems to have major repairs

At this time we have temporarily bypass the firewall as recommended in this posting until we find if the firewall failed or need an update
danpass

Post by danpass »

Our firewall continued to have an offline status through last night. I just checked on TM and it is now online. Issue seems to be resolved.
lryangray

Post by lryangray »

Had the same yesterday, 1 of 3 881W's went down. Confirmed it's back online now. Had some pretty unhappy campers yesterday. I hope there was learning that took place and they'll heed my recommendation to download any content critical to a lesson.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I still have one down. Will have to call GSC when I have a bit of time.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”