Online directory says data is not available

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rickk

Online directory says data is not available

Post by rickk »

For the past several days, whenever a member of our ward goes onto lds.org to check the directory, it says that the data is temporarily unavailable. All of the other wards in the stake seem to function correctly. I am a stake clerk and have checked the ward data through the leader/clerk resources, and it all looks fine there. I have checked with the ward clerk and he said that MLS seems to be working without problems. It just seems to be the list of households since the leadership info is there and a few changes made today are shown correctly online. Several ward members have also reported that when they try to sync the data for their LDS tools apps that our ward is blank there, too. Any thoughts on what could be happening that the data is missing? The rumor flying around was that it was related to the bishopric change today, but I am pretty sure that isn't the case... :-)

Thanks,
Rick
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online directory says data is not available

Post by russellhltn »

I'd try some of the other categories to see if you can narrow it down. I'll bet one household has corrupt data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

It seems to let me choose Ward Leaders and Missionary. When I choose Ward Organizations, Households or Photos, I get the "data not available" dialog. If it is corrupt data in a household, how do I go about tracking down which one? Or will I need to call the GSC and have them look into it?
rickk

Post by rickk »

I also just tried to export the households and it comes up with a blank page. When I did it for another ward in the stake, it asked me to download a csv file so something is definitely wrong with my ward.

OK - maybe not "wrong" with the actual ward, but wrong with the online data... :D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:When I choose Ward Organizations, Households or Photos, I get the "data not available" dialog.
So, just selecting "Ward Organizations" and not selecting an actual organization will get you that? That's odd. I'd expect it do it for specific organizations - then you could see which households fall into those categories.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

No - you are correct that I get the list of organizations, but I have tried selecting any number of them and they all are giving me that message. After your last comment, I was hoping that I would be able to see all but one or two and could then try to narrow it down but that doesn't seem to be the case.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Oh! Hold on... I selected Photos again and I get the list down to the S's and then there is a image with no text under it. It looks like the next record on my LDS Tools list (I haven't sync'd since the problem started) after the last good one is a part member household with a non-member record. I'll try to dig into that one a bit more to see if that could be the problem. What kind of corruption would I be looking for and how would I correct it? I can try removing the non-member record, but I can't really remove the member unless I send them to another ward and back...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I believe that the LDS.org Directory doesn't pull anything from non-member records. It gets info on non-member spouses from the member's marriage/household information.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:I believe that the LDS.org Directory doesn't pull anything from non-member records. It gets info on non-member spouses from the member's marriage/household information.
That's correct. So editing the non-member record won't do anything. I think Local Unit Support is probably going to have to be involved. But if you have some idea of which record seems to be causing the problem that may help resolve it quicker.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:It looks like the next record on my LDS Tools list (I haven't sync'd since the problem started) after the last good one is a part member household with a non-member record.
It's going to take something stranger than that to mess things up. I'd look for things like strange punctuation, a leading space in a field, stuff like that.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”