how to sync?

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
jci9408

how to sync?

Post by jci9408 »

I just downloaded the family tree app on my phone and have added several pictures. I can't figure out how to "sync" them- I'm sure this is very simple but I can't figure it out and don't want to lose all the photos. Every time I go to sign out, it says "are you sure, any unsynced data will be lost", so I'm still signed in. When I sign on to family search on my normal computer, only 1 of the photos that I uploaded on my phone is present. Help!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: how to sync?

Post by aebrown »

jci9408 wrote:I just downloaded the family tree app on my phone and have added several pictures. I can't figure out how to "sync" them- I'm sure this is very simple but I can't figure it out and don't want to lose all the photos. Every time I go to sign out, it says "are you sure, any unsynced data will be lost", so I'm still signed in. When I sign on to family search on my normal computer, only 1 of the photos that I uploaded on my phone is present. Help!!
The sync should happen automatically if your phone is connected to the Internet and the Family Tree mobile app is running. There is no feature for forcing a sync. But one factor might be the setting that controls whether or not the app should use a cellular connection. If you are not on WiFi, but you have it set not to use a cellular connection, that could explain it. If so, try again when you are connected to WiFi.

The fact that you get that warning means that you must be using an iPhone (the Android version doesn't ask that question yet). As long as you sign in again using the same account, you won't actually lose your unsynced data, but of course you want to get it to sync soon so that you don't lose your work. If you're sure that you are connected to the Internet via WiFi, then I'm not sure what can explain this. You might want to use the Feedback feature to report your problem.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”