Where Did Handbook 1 Go?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
mlh78

Where Did Handbook 1 Go?

Post by mlh78 »

Yesterday I updated to Gospel Library 3.4.5 for Aaple and received access to Handbook 1. Today it is missing from my library and I can't find it. I have access through LCR online still. Did it get pulled from Gospel Library?
Biggles

Re: Where Did Handbook 1 Go?

Post by Biggles »

After reading your post, I checked my Gospel Library (IOS) and for a few seconds it was there, then disappeared! Yesterday I was able to access it fine. Being a Ward Clerk I still have access elsewhere.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

I bet it got pulled because of security issues. For example, it seemed odd that it had a share to Facebook feature for highlighted text.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have never seen Handbook 1 at Gospel Library, and would not expect to ever see it, though it would be handy on occasion.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

The latest update specifically stated that it would be available - and it was. But ever so briefly.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:I have never seen Handbook 1 at Gospel Library, and would not expect to ever see it, though it would be handy on occasion.
I've just checked the release notes in the iTunes Store, which confirms that Handbook 1 would be available.
danielpatricbird

Handbook 1

Post by danielpatricbird »

I am in the bishopric and yesterday I updated the Gospel Library on my iPhone and iPad. I then downloaded Handbook 1.

This morning handbook 1 is not on either device and I am not able to see it as a downloadable option.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

I can confirm that it was on my device and subsequently removed. I figured it was for security reasons, as alluded to above with the share option. I don't think these app updates really go through a solid round of QA.
gbekmezian

Re: Handbook 1

Post by gbekmezian »

Can we get an official response on this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Handbook 1

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I combined a smaller separate discussion "Handbook 1" into this topic, and moved the combined topic from Gospel Library to iPhone/iPad Gospel Library, since this issue affects only the iOS versions of Gospel Library.]

The entry in the iTunes store that mentioned that Handbook 1 access would be availalbe in the iOS Gospel Library 3.4.5 can be found here.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”