Welfare Request Form

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
sambrand

Welfare Request Form

Post by sambrand »

I was recently called as the finance clerk in my ward and was immediately inducted with a Stake Audit. It went well expect that one of the items that was highlighted that we did keep sufficient records was for welfare requests from the ward members. The audit suggested that the Bishop needs to have some form of pre-authorization that he recognizes the welfare need of the ward member, what the financial need is for (i.e. Rent), how much, etc... However, I was surprised to find that there is no form that can use to meet the audit requirements. Does anyone have any suggestions or know if the church as a form that I can give the Bishop so I can get his pre-authorization of the welfare expense?

Thanks,

Sam
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Welfare Request Form

Post by aebrown »

sambrand wrote:The audit suggested that the Bishop needs to have some form of pre-authorization that he recognizes the welfare need of the ward member, what the financial need is for (i.e. Rent), how much, etc... However, I was surprised to find that there is no form that can use to meet the audit requirements. Does anyone have any suggestions or know if the church as a form that I can give the Bishop so I can get his pre-authorization of the welfare expense?
The Church does have standard forms for this purpose. They are available at Leader Resources in the Welfare area on LDS.org:

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”