Scrubbing Hard Drive on old FHC computers

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
Bizegrama

Scrubbing Hard Drive on old FHC computers

Post by Bizegrama »

Now, we are up & running with new FHC computers. I need to scrub the old computers before giving them to FM for disposal.

I use to have a program the Church provided for scrubbing the hard drives. Does anyone know where I can locate the latest scrubbing software?

When I go to Help Center, Family History Center, Scrubbing (or erasing) FHC Computer Hard Drives; all get is: We are unable to retrieve this document. I am signed into my LDS account.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Scrubbing Hard Drive on old FHC computers

Post by russellhltn »

Personally, I use DBAN

It's also what clerksupport recommends: Erasing a Hard Drive. It should be adequate for FHC purposes. It does take time. I'd recommend starting it before your block meeting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Bizegrama

Post by Bizegrama »

russellhltn wrote:Personally, I use DBAN

It's also what clerksupport recommends: Erasing a Hard Drive. It should be adequate for FHC purposes. It does take time. I'd recommend starting it before your block meeting.
Thanks Russell, I was thinking it was DBAN that I used last time, but wasn't sure. I appreciate the link. It did take quite awhile for one computer, so will allow plenty of time to do two computers.

Thanks, again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Bizegrama wrote:It did take quite awhile for one computer, so will allow plenty of time to do two computers.
Once you get the first computer started, it won't need the CD anymore. Pop it out and start the second one. Move the monitor over if needed. (But I wouldn't disturb the keyboard.) That way you can do both at once.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History Centers”