"Official Communication Library" USPS, E-MAIL, or none?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
1968leocomeeatabite

"Official Communication Library" USPS, E-MAIL, or none?

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I am a ward Executive Secretary. I have notice that the Letters and notice in the OCL are from many departments of the church. For example an official notice from the YM, YW, Presiding Bishopric, or Missionary dept. could show up on this OCL. I am not sure but I don't think we will traditionally see messages that we see in MLS, which makes sense, since it could be very specific to that unit. Although we did experience a message recently that was in MLS and also went e-mail to our Bishop.

Here is may question. Are all notices and letters from the church also mailed USPS? I am getting the feeling that some are not. My previous bishop once or twice said: Why didn't I get a copy of this notice in the mail? (when I handed him a notice from the OCL.)

So here are some questions:
  • 1. Are all the OCL notices and letters sent to the Bishop's via USPS?
  • 2. Are some sent USPS & put into OCL?
  • 3. Are some sent to Bishops via e-mail?
I have begun to feel it important to occasionally check the library so we do not miss a communication. Or it maybe could just be a freak thing that a message was missed. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Official Communication Library" USPS, E-MAIL, or none?

Post by russellhltn »

About the only people who can definitively answer this would be those who works in the Priesthood Department. I don't think we have any forum visits from them. I think the best you can hope for is observations from bishops who do visit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”