clerksupport site displaying in Spanish

Discussions around the Help Center website located at clerksupport.lds.org. (Formerly called Record Keeping and Technology Support or RKATS)
craiggsmith

clerksupport site displaying in Spanish

Post by craiggsmith »

clerksupport.lds.org is displaying in Spanish for me today. Anyone else? I've tried 3 different browsers with the same result. lds.org is fine.

clerksupport also was fine when I logged in at church today on an old WinXP machine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: clerksupport site displaying in Spanish

Post by russellhltn »

lds.org does that from time to time. Not sure why they have such a hard time figuring out the default language.

Works fine for me, but it was giving me grief a few weeks ago. I just edit the url.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I remember hearing about this a long time ago but never had an issue and thought they fixed it. I thought it strange that I could go back and forth between lds.org and clerksupport.lds.org and one was consistently english and the other consistently spanish. I had to download the MLS installer and don't speak spanish, but was able to figure it out. It's fine now at any rate.
champted

Post by champted »

lds.org does that from time to time. Not sure why they have such a hard time figuring out the default language.

Works fine for me, but it was giving me grief a few weeks ago. I just edit the url.
I am having this problem now. When I edit the URL from spa to eng, the page I land on says that I'm in "Canada - English". When I try to change the country to USA by clicking "Canada - English", then "select country", then click on North America, "United States" is not a selection in the region of North America. Caribbean in 3 languages, Canada in 2 languages, Mexico, but no USA.

Return to “Help Center Website (Formerly RKATS)”