New and Returning Member Progress form on lds.org

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
doyleja

New and Returning Member Progress form on lds.org

Post by doyleja »

Adding the New and Returning Member Progress form to lds.org is great. Is there a plan to add the capability to save the form? Similar to saving the Patriarchal Blessing form on MLS. As a Bishop, this would be a great help so I could bring up the form each Ward Council and discuss. Thanks!
GarthMartinsen

Re: New and Returning Member Progress form on lds.org

Post by GarthMartinsen »

I agree. I am the ward membership clerk and our Bishop would like to have these forms stored electronically so that they are easier to update and view by ward council members. I have tried copying and pasting, which allows one to put the content in a google doc but without the form structure. :)
pangea9

Post by pangea9 »

We just started using 'Dropbox' in our Ward but our Stake Presidency has been using it for a while. I just finished this form modeled off the original. don't know how well it'll work since we are just starting the 'cloud' sharing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gko78skg721s9 ... gress.xlsx
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Just another example of how Church IT could save thousands of hours for clerks and executive secretaries.

This form is supposed to be used, and has been recently re-emphasized, but because the data is never retained and must be manually updated on a piece of paper, NEARLY every ward in the US/Canada (that actively follows this process) has a different way of doing this process with a different form saved on a different cloud storage platform!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
scottblick

Post by scottblick »

I think what we need is a summary form that would show New and Returning Members Progress by Unit so that the ward council could share that information on one form as they discuss these individuals. Of course this would only be useful if the data could be updated and saved.
rich

Post by rich »

I developed and posted this to overcome some of the NRMP limitations on lds.org (saving and a lack of an overall summary view): https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 07#p128407

Return to “Reports and Forms”