Web based Calendar blank for October

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Ingemlb

Web based Calendar blank for October

Post by Ingemlb »

Hi. I am using an Apple Mac with Safari and when I move Calendar in lds.org forward to October all events are missing. (i.e page is blank) However they show up on my Android Phone. November and December are ok in both places.

Not sure if this is the right place to report this. If not please pass on to support.

Kind Regards, Inge Danaher.

P.S I am in Heidelberg Stake / Fairfield Ward Australia.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Web based Calendar blank for October

Post by russellhltn »

When you say it shows up on your Android phone, are you using a browser (such as Chrome), LDS Tools or a synced calendar?

Are you able to duplicate this in a different browser? Is anyone else having a problem?

It would be nice to narrow this down if it's a "Safari" problem, a data problem, or a "Australia" problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ingemlb

Post by Ingemlb »

My husband who uses a Windows based PC with Windows Explorer has not issues seeing the events for October. I tried my iPad and there I can see a list of things for October too.

So not sure if it is my account or Safari that is the issue. I can see all events for August, September, November and December but October is blank. November was rather slow in loading up.

So it's via LDS.ORG using Safari as the web browser that I have problems. Not sure who else uses Safari here but will ask around.
Ingemlb

Post by Ingemlb »

p.s it seems it's the monthly view that is empty for October. When I swap to Weekly view the dates appear. But then I am hung. Can't get out of weekly view without using the back arrow and starting again. The Agenda view won't let me go beyond August. It comes up with the round ball and hangs. only way out is via back arrow.
Ingemlb

Post by Ingemlb »

pps I have now logged on with Google Chrome on my Apple Mac and that allows me to see all events for October in monthly view. So the issue for me is with Safari on the Apple Mac. I am trying to find someone else who uses Safari to test it out as well.
Ingemlb

Post by Ingemlb »

Sorry forgot to answer one of the questions above raised by russellhtn. On my android phone and my iPad I use the LDS TOOLS app.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I use Safari on a Mac and my ward's October calendars show up fine for me. Do all of the weeks in October display without problems? I wonder if there is a single event that is corrupted somehow...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I use Safari on a Mac and my ward's October calendars show up fine for me. Do all of the weeks in October display without problems? I wonder if there is a single event that is corrupted somehow...
Keep in mind the OP is in Australia. They start their DST in October. You might want to check November and March.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

November and March display correctly for me, as well.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Ingemlb

Post by Ingemlb »

Just to clarify. All months show up fine and for October via my Apple Mac and google Chrome all is well too. However using Safari for October the ENTIRE month is blank in month view. When I swap to weekly view I see the events. When I try to swap to Agenda View it hangs completely and I can't get back to any other view or any other month apart from via the BACK button on the browser.

Return to “Calendar”