adding a child to family directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
carlalaw

adding a child to family directory

Post by carlalaw »

I need to add a child to our family directory, how do I do that?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: adding a child to family directory

Post by aebrown »

carlalaw wrote:I need to add a child to our family directory, how do I do that?
Talk to your ward clerk. He can deal with the variety of scenarios which are affected by Church policies and the way various systems work. For example, it matters whether a record exists and need to be requested to be moved into your ward, or if a record needs to be created. If a record needs to be created, there are different procedures based on whether the person is younger or older than 8 years. It's even happened that someone was baptized, but a membership record was not created, and there are procedures for that.

But your ward clerk can talk you through whatever issues apply to your particular situation, so start with him.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: adding a child to family directory

Post by jdlessley »

carlalaw wrote:I need to add a child to our family directory, how do I do that?
What is the status of the parents - are they members or nonmembers? Is the child under 8 years of age? Answering these questions will determine whether the child can be added.

Children over the age of 8 and not members (have not been baptized) will not show in the Directory and cannot be added regardless of the membership status of the parents.

Children under 8 with at least one member parent can be added to the Directory. The child must have a membership record. This is done either through the process of blessing the child or getting the permission of both parents to have a record created. To show up in the parent's household the child should be listed on the parent's membership records and be listed in the household.

See your ward clerk for all membership record situations.

EDIT: I responded thinking the OP was asking a general question for a family ward while aebrown's response is for a parent of a child. The end result is still the same however.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”