Adding a church calender to a BlackBerry 10 device

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
brent.taft

Adding a church calender to a BlackBerry 10 device

Post by brent.taft »

Hi guys,

I am trying add my local church calendar to my BlackBerry Z10 device. Here is what BlackBerry says about subscribed calendars:

"Subscribe to a public calendar on your device

Make sure you have the address for the public calendar in iCalShare (ICS) format.
You can add a public calendar that uses the ICS format to your BlackBerry device so that you can see that calendar in the Calendar app. When the owner of the calendar makes changes to events, the changes are synced to your device. Only the owner can change events in a public calendar."

Does the church calendar fit the required description?

I have tried pasting the address in for the Google, Microsoft, and Apple calendars, but I get the following error:

"...cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct."

If you have any ideas please help

Thanks,
Brent
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding a church calender to a BlackBerry 10 device

Post by aebrown »

brent.taft wrote:Does the church calendar fit the required description?
Yes, it does. The information provided by the sync URL is indeed an ICS file (iCal format) as stated.
brent.taft wrote:I have tried pasting the address in for the Google, Microsoft, and Apple calendars, but I get the following error:

"...cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct."
If you have a Google account, you might try adding your URL to your Google Calendar. That would let you know if your Sync URL is providing good information.

One other thing to be aware of is that there is a throttle on the sync service. It will only provide results every 9 minutes. If any device tries to access your Sync URL less than 9 minutes after the last access, it will fail. So make sure you are patient and wait long enough between attempts to be sure that you aren't seeing problems related to the 9-minute throttle.

Return to “Calendar”