Sophos

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
farwest

Sophos

Post by farwest »

I have one computer out of 4 that we just activated that shows sophos updating and configuring for that computer. After update a window show that computer is shutting down in one minute, which it does then it starts again and you go thru the whole process again. It just keeps running that loop over and over. Talk to FH support and we couldn't get him on team viewer to look. Another thing is this happens as a administrator not as a patron. I can get on the internet on patron but not for very long as a administrator as it shuts down. It won't start in safe mode as the FH support said to push f8 while windows boots. He said to get a reimage disk but I thought I'd see if anyone had a solution. Dell Optiplex 580 by the way.
Thanks
drepouille

Re: Sophos

Post by drepouille »

This post would be more appropriate in the Family History Centers forum. I have installed the new Windows 7 FHC image onto several OptiPlex 740 and 780 computers recently, so I have observed that Sophos installation many times.

I agree that it would be best to reimage the computer and hope the problem does not occur again. Other than that, I have no ideas to help you.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
farwest

Post by farwest »

I searched sophos and got more hits here so I placed it here.
Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:I searched sophos and got more hits here so I placed it here.
"here" no longer means what it used to mean -- I moved the topic from Clerk Computers into the Family History Centers forum.

It really doesn't matter where you get more hits -- the way Sophos is installed, updated, and supported is quite different for FHC computers than for clerk computers. So this discussion needs to take place in the context of FHCs.
farwest

Post by farwest »

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

farwest wrote:I searched sophos and got more hits here so I placed it here.
One thing to keep in mind - while both clerk computers and FHC computers use Sohpos, they are not set up the same way. You download Sohpos for clerk computers from clerksupport.lds.org, while Sophos for FHC computers is downloaded from https://familysearch.org/remote/support.html or via Tivoli.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History Centers”