How do you return to previous place

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jviola

How do you return to previous place

Post by jviola »

when I click on a link in Gospel Library beta, how do I return? we need a back button like android.
joshuaworkman

Re: How do you return to previous place

Post by joshuaworkman »

Near the top left corner you should see < and > that allow you to move forward and backward, just like in your internet browser. In this regard, I think the app is superior to android.
jviola

Post by jviola »

Thank you for the quick response!!! Keep up the great work.
jviola

Post by jviola »

I do have a question. When I click on a scripture reference the side reference screen opens. Then I click on the scripture and a preview shows up. Then I click on the ">" to actually get to the scripture. Can there be a setting so when I click on the scripture link I actually go to it. Maybe another setting or button to show references?
joshuaworkman

Post by joshuaworkman »

I doubt that such a setting will be added. This preview feature was added so you don't have to leave where you were reading to see the reference (unless you choose to do so to read the surrounding scriptures for context). But I will add your idea to the list of desired features, and the team will look at it in the future when they are working to add minor features.
jviola

Post by jviola »

I replied from my email. I'm not sure you get those responses so I thought I'd better try here. If that isn't in the near future can you lengthen the preview to include more of the reference scripture. I have yet to have enough there that after looking at it I still had to click the ">" and go to the reference to see the rest. I think it is a great idea to bring of the reference quick with a preview. It would be nice if it was more than a preview, but the other references and the content you are looking to read. Anyway, just my thoughts. I think the current setting causes more clicks than if I was just taken to the link like my android.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As an iOS user, I wish the reference could appear in a preview box in Gospel Library for iOS. Maybe something could be done to show context better within the preview.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”