Google Calendar Sync Issue (Robots.txt)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
richardgiles

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue

Post by richardgiles »

Hi, I saw your conversation and I am having exactly the same issue. Google calendar stopped syncing with my church calendar about a week ago, if I try to add the church calendar URL I am getting the same error message. I left it over night (I am in England) hoping something would resolve itself but it is the same this morning. Any other ideas? A bit embarrassing as Bishop not to be upto date with whats happening :confused:
azwheels

Post by azwheels »

Not sure how to do it any differently. I'm not choosing to make the calendar public. Just entering the url.
richardgiles

Post by richardgiles »

Same here. Just tried again and same error message. I did have to change my google password about a week ago, I'm wondering if that might have re-set links which worked under previous versions which do not now. That's the 0only thing I can think of that's changed. How about you?
azwheels

Post by azwheels »

I have not reset my google password. I think I have updated Java recently, but not sure if it was before or after this issue started.
richardgiles

Post by richardgiles »

Can someone tell us if the church website uses robot.txt as the message mentions and whether any settings have been changed recently? Who do we ask?
richardgiles

Post by richardgiles »

Tried again with new URL and this time ticking for the church calendar to be "public" in google calendars. First time a message box came up in google calendars saying the it was indexing the URL calendar reference before the message about robots.txt appeared again. Tried again and although it has kept the URL link in google calendars there are no events showing. I will leave it for a day and see if any events start appearing otherwise I wonder if someone from church will need to contact google as they did in 2011 when the link wouldn't work then.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The developers are aware of the problem and are checking on it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ButtonGear

Post by ButtonGear »

Any updates on this? I'd REALLY like to have my ward calendar back on my Google Calendar, by which I live and die.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No, I don't get progress reports. It's a very small group, so as nice as it would be to get reports, it would just slow them down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richardgiles

Post by richardgiles »

Russell, thanks for passing the problem onto the developers. I will keep my fingers crossed that they can sort it soon.

Return to “Calendar”