Deleted annotations

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
cuznerr

Deleted annotations

Post by cuznerr »

It's there any way at all to recover deleted annotations in from LDS.org notes?
mevans

Re: Deleted annotations

Post by mevans »

We don't know how long the church keeps backup of this content. Due to the time and work involved in restoring data, I wouldn't expect the church to be very willing to do this. If for some reason there is something of extremely high importance, you could try contacting one of the board administrators for assistance. Even then, my uneducated opinion is that you probably won't get your deleted annotations back.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Anything you Delete goes into your Trash. From what I have been told, your Trash does not empty itself. Items only go permanently from your Trash if you Delete it from the Trash yourself. Once gone from Trash, they are unrecoverable. For example, I currently have an Item in my Trash folder that I deleted in May of this year.
drsluss

Post by drsluss »

Where do I find the trash in the latest version of LDS Library to recover a deleted note.
mevans

Post by mevans »

drsluss wrote:Where do I find the trash in the latest version of LDS Library to recover a deleted note.
That's a good question. I can't find the Trash anywhere...at least not on the web version. Perhaps it's only available on the iOS/Android app? I usually use gospel library from a web browser. I'd have to go grab a device to see if I can find it on the mobile app. Does anyone else know where the trash is?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The old "Notes and Journal" tool on the Church website had a trash can that you could open to recover notes; however, the new version at Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org does not. The mobile apps also don't have a visible trash can (they never have, as far as I know, or at least they haven't since before Gospel Library 4.0). Your best bet would be to send feedback requesting that that feature be added to the mobile app and/or added back to the Church website.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”