Home Teaching Report Missing Info

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
chfran-p40

Home Teaching Report Missing Info

Post by chfran-p40 »

We recently ran at Home Teaching report to see who had not been home taught for 2 months. When we ran that report <5% had been visited. When we discussed this in PEC everyone in the room had done their Home Teaching and the report was not showing it.

What could have happened?

(Bishop) Chad Francom
danpass

Post by danpass »

chfran wrote:We recently ran at Home Teaching report to see who had not been home taught for 2 months. When we ran that report <5% had been visited. When we discussed this in PEC everyone in the room had done their Home Teaching and the report was not showing it.

What could have happened?
If the home teaching visits have actually been recorded in MLS, confirm that they were recorded in the correct column for the month in question. It's easy to record visits in the current month by mistake, when the intent is to record them in the prior month. Every time I've seen a disparity between what the home teaching report says and what the quorum leaders say, this turned out to be the cause of the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Less then 5%? That's really, really low. There has been some discussion about a bug in MLS that fails to recognize the Home Teaching of a second quorum of Elders. Perhaps something like that is going on in your system. You'd have to look at report and note the names and see if there's a pattern.
chfran-p40

Post by chfran-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:Less then 5%? That's really, really low. There has been some discussion about a bug in MLS that fails to recognize the Home Teaching of a second quorum of Elders. Perhaps something like that is going on in your system. You'd have to look at report and note the names and see if there's a pattern.
Until now the report has run perfectly. But, this past Sunday when we ran the report it showed that most of the ward HAD'NT been visited (95%) when 97% of our High Priests visited their families and 65% of our Elders did. Our EQ Presidency and HP Group Leader remembers entering the information.

So, it seems that the information wasn't logged.

Is there a way of entering HT'ing data for prior months (say April or March) when we are closing in on June?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chfran wrote:So, it seems that the information wasn't logged.
Did someone do a restore? Perhaps the financial or membership clerk had to restore for some reason and it wiped out the HT.
chfran wrote:Is there a way of entering HT'ing data for prior months (say April or March) when we are closing in on June?
I think so. What I remember is going into a view were I can see the families and the stats from prior months, the stats are hyperlinked so clicking on that will get you in to edit them. Sorry, I can't be more specific. I'm not in front of a MLS machine right now.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chfran wrote:Is there a way of entering HT'ing data for prior months (say April or March) when we are closing in on June?!
It's easy to enter HT visit data for the current month and two more months back, and not too hard to go back even further. In MLS, just go to Organizations, Home and Visiting Teaching, Enter HT Visits. By each family there will be three checkboxes, for March, April, and May (assuming you do this while we are still in the month of May) -- just check the box to indicate the family was taught in that month. For earlier months, click the blue link in the Visits column and then you will see checkboxes for even more months.

Be aware, however, that changes to your March data will cause a change in the data on the Quarterly Report for 1st Quarter.
danpass

Post by danpass »

chfran wrote:Until now the report has run perfectly. But, this past Sunday when we ran the report it showed that most of the ward HAD'NT been visited (95%) when 97% of our High Priests visited their families and 65% of our Elders did. Our EQ Presidency and HP Group Leader remembers entering the information.

So, it seems that the information wasn't logged.

Is there a way of entering HT'ing data for prior months (say April or March) when we are closing in on June?
Yes, this is exactly the situation I was alluding to in my earlier post. For instance, say those recording their HT quorum's visits for April come in to do this after May 1st. The rightmost column corresponds to the current month, May in this case. Most likely they mistakenly recorded the April visits in the May column (except for the 5%).

Like I said earlier, every time I've seen a disparity between what the home teaching report says and what the quorum leaders say they recorded in MLS, the reason has always turned out to be that visits were not recorded in the correct column for that month.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”