Online calendar email reminder

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
chapmanbruce

Online calendar email reminder

Post by chapmanbruce »

I am an assistant stake clerk for technology with responsibility for the online calendar. I have input meetings and events over the past two years. I have always marked most events to have an email reminder sent out about three to five days before the event. It has always worked. However, over the past approx. four months or so, we are not receiving email reminders for any event even though it is set up correctly to receive the email reminder. What could be wrong? Is this a church-wide problem, or just our area, stake, etc.? Please advise what we can do to correct the problem.
Thank you.
Bruce Chapman
Anaheim CA East Stake
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online calendar email reminder

Post by lajackson »

I think you are fortunate that it used to work. It has never worked for us.

Send now messages usually (but not always) go through, but we have never had success with send later messages tied to calendar events.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This issue is discussed in the LDS.org calendar not sending email updates thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
smill25

Post by smill25 »

We are having the same issue and I looked at the string, "This issue is discussed in the LDS.org calendar not sending email updates thread", but that does not list any solutions as far as I could see. What can be done to have reminders go out?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

smill25 wrote:What can be done to have reminders go out?
Until the developers figure out the problem and fix the code, there really isn't much any of us here can do.

As a very poor workaround, if it is felt critical to send out an email reminder a few days before an important event, we will make a minor edit to the event and select the Send email now option. That usually (but not always) works.

Return to “Calendar”