LDS Tools list limitations

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
hvidovre

LDS Tools list limitations

Post by hvidovre »

I have just updated LDS Tools to version 2.3.1. I have a samsung g4. Trying to create a list to either text or email to the ward. But it has errored out. Looks like i can only have 63 people in my list. Then when I went to sent a text it would only pic the first 20. Is this how it is suppose to be? Would like like to be able to easily create a list for all adults, then sent a mass text or email? Is this even possible or will it be possible?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by russellhltn »

Keep in mind that what you're asking for may not be possible. Sending an message to a large group of people may be limited by your email/cell service provider.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hvidovre

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by hvidovre »

I was wondering if there were limits, I suppose my test proved that. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone knew for sure. Thanks
jcorpany

Re: LDS Tools list limitations

Post by jcorpany »

Is it planned to be able to send text messages via the website like an email can be sent?
jcorpany

Post by jcorpany »

I need to create a list for my ward to allow text messaging to be more efficient. How can I filter by ward members when creating a list and not see the entire stake?

Also, I only want to see those members that have a textable number so I suppose that would require having a setting a member could select to identify that their number can receive texts and also the carrier they are using so texts could be sent through the lds.org website for leadership.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Text messaging in Android LDS Tools is currently on an individual basis only. Any lists would have to be created outside LDS Tools and done manually. There is currently no method of identifying a phone number as being text message capable or not.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”