List of temple workers in Leader & Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
veehb

List of temple workers in Leader & Clerk Resources

Post by veehb »

It would often be very helpful for the bishopric or stake presidency to see a list of ordained temple workers in their word or stake. Periodically we request such a list from our local temple. We hate to bother them with this request.

Is there any thought of adding another category to the members listing to show that person being a called temple worker (maybe under "callings")? It would also be nice to be able to print a list of all the temple workers in a ward or stake. The ward clerk would probably be the one to keep this listing up-to-date. Unless this list could be updated by the temple and then flow into the various stakes, and wards?

This may have been addressed before. I went back to the first of 2014 searching for "temple" and didn't see this addressed anywhere. This post probably belongs in the Leader & Clerk Resources forum. I don't know how to move it.

Vee Butterfield
Stake Executive Secretary
Bennion Utah East Stake
nchell

Re: List of temple workers in Leader & Clerk Resources

Post by nchell »

As a Bishop, I can view such a list for my ward on twp.ldschurch.org. (Linked to from the LCR home screen.)

Perhaps this could be useful pending any further integration into LCR?

The Help page of the site implies that access cannot be delegated/given beyond Stake President or Bishop, so you might want to try a login yourself, and ask your Stake President what he sees..?
veehb

Post by veehb »

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to log on to twp.ldschurch.org and don't have the proper authorization to log on. That is not an option on my screen in LCR. But, I think it should be.

I'll see if our stake president can get into it, or possibly one of our bishops so that we can look at what is available there. Seems like something that I, as stake exec. sec. should be able to see. I have access to the missionary application area and to temple recommends from LDS.org. Maybe my stake president can grant me authorization to see the site.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

From the online help for the TWP web site:
May I delegate this assignment or give access to a counselor or a clerk?

According to policies outlined in section 3.10, “Temple Ordinance Workers,” of Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops (2010), the responsibility to recommend temple workers lies with the bishop (or branch president) and stake president (or mission president).
Access to the site is only available to temple presidents, stake/mission presidents, bishops, and branch presidents. Its main purpose is to automate the process of calling ordinance workers and volunteers, and to replace the confidential paper form.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I agree that it would be nice if temple workers were displayed under "callings." Are temple worker callings stored in CDOL/CMIS?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:I agree that it would be nice if temple workers were displayed under "callings." Are temple worker callings stored in CDOL/CMIS?
Not currently. As far as I know, the particular temple where they serve is the only entity that officially knows of their calling (although some wards may choose to create a custom calling for them to make note of that calling).
27bugs

Post by 27bugs »

I was just set apart as a temple ordinance worker. I was told that I should/could look on the Church website to see who else served as temple ordinance workers, because they are my first resource to find a substitute.

Is it true that callings are limited to Leader & Clerk? If so, I have no access as prescribed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

27bugs wrote:I was told that I should/could look on the Church website to see who else served as temple ordinance workers, because they are my first resource to find a substitute.
I'd go back to that person and ask for details. Maybe there's something we don't know about.

Some wards record temple workers as a custom calling. But that's not guaranteed. If done, they'd show up in the directory under "Ward Leaders" > "Other Callings". However, you'd only be able to look for workers in wards in your own stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zios007

Post by zios007 »

I agree that this should be an option that Stake Clerks and Bishop Clerks should have access. It is an administrative thing. So I hope that that we get access to it soon.
I've spent few hours calling the GSC who don't have any access to it, I've called the Temple and talked with a Counselor which told me they have no idea what I'm talking about...
So the suggestion from the GSC is to create a manual entry to add another calling in LCR where we can have access to the list of temple workers.
But I believe that the church should give secretaries access to twp.ldschurch.org

Regards,

Gabriel Perez
Stake Clerk
Elche Spain Stake
gabrielperezlds@gmail.com

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”