MLS Standard Callings have been deleted

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aafronk

MLS Standard Callings have been deleted

Post by aafronk »

I'm a ward clerk. Recently our computer crashed and we had to get a new one and install MLS from scratch. After going through several other issues, we've reached the point where everything works, except that every "standard" calling (i.e. any that aren't custom callings) has been deleted (when you go to the page for that organization, there are no callings to choose from at all). As a result, we can't enter in our bishopric (when we try and put things like "bishop" in as a custom calling, it doesn't let them do bishop-y things like signing off on tithing and reimbursement checks) and so haven't been able to send in tithing for a while now. We've called the Global Service Center multiple times and have received little to no help with this particular problem. Has anybody else had this problem with the version of MLS we're using (3.7.1) and do you know how to fix it?
eblood66

Re: MLS Standard Callings have been deleted

Post by eblood66 »

aafronk wrote:I'm a ward clerk. Recently our computer crashed and we had to get a new one and install MLS from scratch. After going through several other issues, we've reached the point where everything works, except that every "standard" calling (i.e. any that aren't custom callings) has been deleted (when you go to the page for that organization, there are no callings to choose from at all). As a result, we can't enter in our bishopric (when we try and put things like "bishop" in as a custom calling, it doesn't let them do bishop-y things like signing off on tithing and reimbursement checks) and so haven't been able to send in tithing for a while now. We've called the Global Service Center multiple times and have received little to no help with this particular problem. Has anybody else had this problem with the version of MLS we're using (3.7.1) and do you know how to fix it?
Did you restore your ward information from a backup? That should have restored all the callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What are you seeing in the CDOL? The new install should have downloaded what was in CDOL.

You can't "call" the Bishop directly. That has to come down from CHQ.

I'd also suggest doing a unit refresh. That should update the files that have the list of standard callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you have a backup, restore from the last good backup and then request a unit data refresh.

If you don't have a good backup, I would wait for MLS 3.7.2 to be released on RKATS (expected to happen on Wednesday) and reinstall MLS using that version. Then request refresh data and things should be working.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”