Move Records Out in lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rpyne

Move Records Out in lds.org

Post by rpyne »

I have noticed what I consider a serious deficiency in the Move Records Out functionality in lds.org.

In MLS, we have the option of moving records out when we know the correct ward and stake, but not the complete address. While this need is not common, it does exist. The most common need I find is when a membership record is sent with an invalid address and ends up in our ward. We then need to be able to send it back the the originating ward, but often do not have an address.
eblood66

Re: Move Records Out in lds.org

Post by eblood66 »

rpyne wrote:I have noticed what I consider a serious deficiency in the Move Records Out functionality in lds.org.

In MLS, we have the option of moving records out when we know the correct ward and stake, but not the complete address. While this need is not common, it does exist. The most common need I find is when a membership record is sent with an invalid address and ends up in our ward. We then need to be able to send it back the the originating ward, but often do not have an address.
A better course of action is to contact the previous ward and ask them them pull the record back and send it on to the correct address (if they have it). That way they know why the record is returning rather than just having it show up. Sending a record to another ward without an address and without any explanation just gives them a problem they aren't likely to know what to do with.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No idea what is planned, but that feature has caused no end of trouble when clerks think they know the ward but don't. But it is needed when the member will be attending a YSA or language ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:No idea what is planned, but that feature has caused no end of trouble when clerks think they know the ward but don't. But it is needed when the member will be attending a YSA or language ward.
The move out support on Clerk Resources works differently and avoids that problem. You provide the address and then the web site gives you a selection option listing the residential ward and also the specialty wards. So the only options are those that are valid for that address.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”