How do we make events from other wards visible?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
fletch74

How do we make events from other wards visible?

Post by fletch74 »

I believe one of the principal purposes of the stake calendar is visibility or, i.e., stake-wide awareness of what events are scheduled, when, and where.

However, it appears, at least in our stake, we're unable to see events scheduled by another ward, until we try to schedule something for the same time/location . . . Is this by design? If so, I'm really confused and (forgive me) frustrated because I'm confident we'd save a number of headaches and befuddlement if we knew who had what resources scheduled and when.

Are we able to "turn on" this kind of information? If so, how? If not, where do we "cast in [our] voices" to make a change request?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How do we make events from other wards visible?

Post by russellhltn »

fletch74 wrote:However, it appears, at least in our stake, we're unable to see events scheduled by another ward, until we try to schedule something for the same time/location . . . Is this by design?
Sort of. It is by design that you cannot see the events themselves. However, you can see if resources are occupied by switching to Week View and checking the facility of interest on the left hand-side. That will take the guesswork out of scheduling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch74

Re: How do we make events from other wards visible?

Post by fletch74 »

Thank you, Russell! While I really wish we could do this on the "Month" view (particularly because I imagine it's the default for many users), I'm elated to learn it's at least possible and how.

Thanks, again! How do I "up vote" your response for reputation points? =D

I suppose reputation points would probably be taboo on tech.lds.org . . . :-)

Return to “Calendar”