Blocking Feature Does Not Work

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
perryk

Blocking Feature Does Not Work

Post by perryk »

Is there something strange going on with the blocking feature? I am the stake website administrator and I need to use the blocking feature to prevent people from scheduling buildings/pavilion on Monday evenings. I inputted the information and submitted the blocked events but then when I go back to the calendar, they are nowhere to be found. I have tried this numerous times. Help please.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Blocking Feature Does Not Work

Post by russellhltn »

You will not see the "block" on the calendar itself. At least not in month view. You will see it in week view if you have the right facility selected, and you'll see it in the Restrictions calendar.

I'm guessing you're trying to make this a repeating event. I'd suggest making it a single event and then edit it to make it a repeating event.

There is a possibility that there is an existing event that's blocking your "block".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
perryk

Post by perryk »

Yes, I am trying to block using a repeating event. I tried your suggestion of creating only one event and then going back in and changing it to a repeating event. When I do this, even repeating it only twice, it deletes the restriction all together. The website is not allowing me to use a repeating event when blocking.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. I've flagged a developer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

perryk wrote:I am the stake website administrator and I need to use the blocking feature to prevent people from scheduling buildings/pavilion on Monday evenings.
Since you have no idea how long it will take for the Blocked Restrictions feature to be fixed, you might consider an alternative that will work just as well.

Simply create an event (not a restriction) on a private calendar. That will work fine as a repeating event, and will prevent anyone from scheduling any events on top of that private event.

Return to “Calendar”