Out of unit building scheduler

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
pbloxham

Out of unit building scheduler

Post by pbloxham »

We have a need for some folks who need to be building schedulers, but are not in the stake anymore due to the stake being split. My stake clerk contacted Salt Lake support and they said that they simply needed to be added as an out of unit leader. This was accomplished. I have added them as a calendar admin by calling, and could not by name. Obviously this does not grant them privs for restrictions. To add a scheduler, the option is not available by calling and they do not show up in the list of names. Therefore, I am not able to add them as a scheduler. Is there a workaround for this, or does the system currently not allow for this situation.

Thanks,
Paul Bloxham
Stake Tech Spec.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of unit building scheduler

Post by russellhltn »

Do they hold a stake calling? Is it a standard calling? It's been mentioned that people seem to have to have a stake calling to "stick" in stake calendars. That's the only work-around I can think of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pbloxham wrote:We have a need for some folks who need to be building schedulers, but are not in the stake anymore due to the stake being split. My stake clerk contacted Salt Lake support and they said that they simply needed to be added as an out of unit leader. This was accomplished. I have added them as a calendar admin by calling, and could not by name. Obviously this does not grant them privs for restrictions. To add a scheduler, the option is not available by calling and they do not show up in the list of names. Therefore, I am not able to add them as a scheduler. Is there a workaround for this, or does the system currently not allow for this situation.

Thanks,
Paul Bloxham
Stake Tech Spec.
It was reported here that out-of-unit leaders can't be added as building schedulers. That was in February but the release notes for 2.6 don't mention any change.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since your stake is not listed as a YSA stake, I'm not understanding the need or the basis for a out-of-unit Building Scheduler.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pbloxham

Post by pbloxham »

I'm not sure of the need other than the fact that the ward that they are in attends a building that is now out of their stake due to a stake split and lack of availability of building space after the split. I have simply been requested to research.
They currently hold a stake position of building scheduler 1. It is not a custom MLS position.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Only the agent stake can have a Building Scheduler. Typically there's just one Building Scheduler per building (with maybe a backup), not one per ward - that defeats the purpose.

But if one person can be the calendar administrator of the ward if it's desired to have one person to handle all of the ward's scheduling.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pbloxham wrote:I'm not sure of the need other than the fact that the ward that they are in attends a building that is now out of their stake due to a stake split and lack of availability of building space after the split. I have simply been requested to research.
One of your stake Calendar administrators needs to make sure that the ward(s) that attend meetings in your stake's building are assigned to that location in the Locations and Rooms section of the Calendar Settings. That will enable that ward to schedule events in the building, with all the normal checking for conflicts. Those events can be created by any calendar editor or administrator in that ward -- there's no need for anyone in that ward to be assigned as a building scheduler.
printbr

Post by printbr »

We have a ward in our Stake Center that is of another Stake. I added them in the Building resource so they should be able to see our calendar to see scheduling conflicts. However they cannot. i had one of their Bishopric Counselors login and show me and they are not able to see anything from our calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

printbr wrote:We have a ward in our Stake Center that is of another Stake. I added them in the Building resource so they should be able to see our calendar to see scheduling conflicts. However they cannot. i had one of their Bishopric Counselors login and show me and they are not able to see anything from our calendar.
What are you referring to as "calendar"? With few exceptions, no one can see calendars from outside their unit. But if they switch to "week view", they should be able to see the schedule of the events for the selected location. That should allow them to coordinate their use.

Return to “Calendar”