feature request: auto emails to leaders on new members

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nateblaylock

feature request: auto emails to leaders on new members

Post by nateblaylock »

Hi all,

not sure where to submit this -- but a feature idea I'd like to throw out there:

When new records come into a ward, auto email all appropriate leaders details about the move in.
For example, if it's a family with an EQ father, mother, and primary kids, the following people would get an email automatically: bishopric, clerk, EQ president, RS president, primary president
"Dear <name/role>, the following family has moved into your ward:
Bob Jones: elder
Mary Jones: RS
Fred Jones: primary
Sally Jones: primary
contact info: ...."

This way, all shepherds are made aware of new people they need to take care of.

You could extend this feature in the following ways:
* move out emails (same thing, just notify everybody when a family is moved out of the ward)
* extend to other callings: e.g., teacher's quorum advisor gets email if 14yo moves into the ward
* extend to birthday moves for youth: somebody turns 14, email deacons quorum advisor and teachers quorum advisor "Bobby Smith just turned 14 and should now be in the teachers quroum...")

Auto disseminating the info to everybody that needs to have it will hopefully help make sure that less people fall through the cracks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: feature request: auto emails to leaders on new members

Post by russellhltn »

While I like the idea, sometimes the new move-ins are a mistake. Perhaps the address is outside the ward boundaries. As such, I'd like to see the move-in get vetted by the clerk and/or bishop before being sent to all the leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nateblaylock

Post by nateblaylock »

I used to think that as well. However, I've seen too many cases where this doesn't happen (for any number of a variety of reasons -- mostly a weakest link kind of thing). I've even seen cases where even the bishop doesn't know somebody's records have moved in (somebody else like an assistant clerk or counselor runs 'update', doesn't print out, and never tells anybody).

I think that many leader eyes vetting this simultaneously might work better in practice.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The expanded access to Leader and Clerk Resources announced in this thread is coming later this year. In this post we see that some of the data requested by the OP will be available to those leaders of the ward council and their presidencies. I can see more information being made available to unit leaders through Leader and Clerk Resources. One feature is the custom report. That is not currently available in Leader and Clerk Resources but I am guessing may be in the works.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A custom report where you could get an email if anything changes based on criteria would be cool!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”