LDS Tools on Galaxy S4 - Can't Log In

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jessaroo992

LDS Tools on Galaxy S4 - Can't Log In

Post by jessaroo992 »

I downloaded the app months ago and tried logging in and received the error message "LDS Account Services are unavailable. Please try again later." I thought it may have just been a temporary issue with the app, so I left it alone for a while. I tried again a couple weeks ago and it still wouldn't work; I kept receiving the same message. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times and nothing seems to work. I'd love to be able to use this incredible tool. I've made sure my login information is correct and I've tried it on different days and at different times. Any help would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools on Galaxy S4 - Can't Log In

Post by russellhltn »

Does your user name or password have any unusual characters in it? Have you tried connecting to a different network?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I'm guessing that you need to association your MRN (membership record number) with your LDS Account. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org and sign in to do that. You can get your MRN from your temple recommend or from your ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:I'm guessing that you need to association your MRN (membership record number) with your LDS Account.
jessaroo992, are you able to get into the calendar and directory on-line? If so, then your account is OK. If you can't, then jonesrk is probably right.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jessaroo992

Post by jessaroo992 »

Thanks, everyone! I figured it out!
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jessaroo992 wrote:Thanks, everyone! I figured it out!
What exactly did you figure out, as it my be of benefit to others with a similar problem!
Jessaroo24

Post by Jessaroo24 »

(This is jessaroo992.) They were correct about the account not being connected to my MRN. I actually had two separate accounts somehow and was using the one that wasn't associated with my MRN.
akanotken

Post by akanotken »

Please let me know if I should start another thread on this ....

I have the exact same issue with my phone, which is also a Samsung S4. This has worked in times past, but lately it required a sync and I began getting this error. I think this is a server communicating with S4 issue (is there some setting on the S4 that would block the LDS server, not that I'm aware of). I say this because I have another Android device and it syncs flawlessly (it's a nexus tablet)

So, here is what I've tried to date.

I've tried numerous times at different times of day, and over the last few months.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app
I've tried while connected to 4g as well as my home wifi as well as the church wifi
I intentionally gave a bad password to see if error message was the same, it wasn't
I've logged on to the lds website and checked my membership record number. As far as I know I only have one account, and I'm using a single user name ... I don't believe this is my issue (as it was for Jessaroo24
to be clear, I just tried syncing my phone and got this error, synced with my tablet and did NOT get this error (sync completed successfully).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Anything anyone else can think of. My son has same phone, he gets back from BYU tonight and I'll see if he has this app and if he can sync
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

If you are on the beta, there is currently a beta-wide issue.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
akanotken

Post by akanotken »

thanks johnshaw. I don't THINK I have the beta, but I should have given version number/source of the app.

I got my version from the google "play store". Same as my tablet too.
Version number is 2.3.1

Return to “Android Member Tools App”