Search function - Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
edward.baker

Search function - Calendar

Post by edward.baker »

When will lds.org have the ability to search for a certain event that has been added to the Calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Search function - Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

The church almost never gives a time-line of releases. Even when they do, the target date frequently slips.

At this point, we don't even know if that feature is even being considered.

You'll just have to work with what's available until then.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Search function - Calendar

Post by aebrown »

A couple of ideas that might help with the current system:
  • Using the Agenda view, you can see all the calendar items in a whole month at a time and then use the browser's search function (generally Ctrl+F on Windows computers) to search through that month's events. If the possible date may be in any of several months, this can be tedious
  • You can sync your calendar to some other calendar system that has a search function. For example, I sync my LDS.org calendar to Google Calendar, and I can use it to search for any event. Since descriptions and places sync, I can even search within that text.

Return to “Calendar”