Setting Date for Older Content?

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
pjludlow

Setting Date for Older Content?

Post by pjludlow »

In the past our ward hasn't made much use of the tools on LDS.org, but we are now trying to change that. We plan on using the online Newsletter now, but I would also like to add all the previous Bishopric messages we have sent out in the past (using PDFs/printed copies) into the online Newsletter. Unfortunately it seems that the date will show as the date added for these messages, so two years worth of Bishopric Messages will show up for July 2014. While this would only be a one time occurrence, it does seem that a feature to be able to change the added date would be very useful so that an article from October 2013 would actually show up in the correct month online.

As I see it now, I am not able to do this currently, so I will have to plan my upload order for everything starting with the oldest content first (and set the featured articles to the current month). If there is a different way to approach this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Setting Date for Older Content?

Post by jdlessley »

An approach I have used for information that is for a specific date is to include that date in the article title. Or in the case of one article that functions as an archive for information I include the date in the name of the attachment.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”