Getting Started

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
rebeccab85

Getting Started

Post by rebeccab85 »

Our ward is new to the lesson schedules tool of lds.org. None of the auxiliaries have used it yet. As the RS secretary, I've been trying to get the tool available for the sisters. So far, I've seen our executive secretary enter the events on the schedule and the bishopric 2nd counselor added RS as a class for me. Why can't I add lessons? I have publisher status for the lesson schedule and admin status for the newsletter.

Rebecca Bowers
Kernersville Ward, High Point NC Stake
mevans

Re: Getting Started

Post by mevans »

You didn't say what your calling is. See the help link here:
https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/les ... -roles.htm

Also, if you're assigned as a teacher for a class, you can edit the lessons for that class. I didn't see that in the documentation, but it works. (The documentation has gotten a bit stale, but it should help you get started just fine.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:You didn't say what your calling is.
Actually, she did: "As the RS secretary, I've been trying...."

And according to the documentation you linked to, the RS secretary should have permission to update classes: "Organization leaders, such as elders quorum presidents and Sunday School presidents, as well as their counselors and secretaries, have rights to add classes for their organization but not events."

This of course depends on her actually having the correct standard calling, which the ward clerk should be able to verify.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:This of course depends on her actually having the correct standard calling, which the ward clerk should be able to verify.
Likewise, an admin might have to check that the "Priesthood or Auxiliary" field for the created class is correctly set to "Relief Society". (Default is "High Priests".) Otherwise, I wouldn't expect the RS Secretary to be able to edit it.

But according to to the help file, she should be able to create a class from scratch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

aebrown wrote:
mevans wrote:You didn't say what your calling is.
Actually, she did: "As the RS secretary, I've been trying...."
Looks like the optometrist didn't get my prescription right :)

Return to “Lesson Schedules”