MLS email

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
familiesr4ever-p40

MLS email

Post by familiesr4ever-p40 »

I noticed we can send email between our Stake and Ward computers. Will there ever be an option to send and recieve email outside of the Ward / Stake / Headquarters? We email membership address changes, phone changes, etc. to our clerk and depend on him to print the email and take it to the Ward to make the changes. It would be very nice to be able to email these changes to the Ward computer and then just copy and paste these changes into MLS. I can see the potential issues of emailing a virus, etc. but is this even a consideration?
SmithGW

MLS E-mail

Post by SmithGW »

I don't think the MLS messages feature is really e-mail, so it would probably be difficult to receive e-mail there from any "outside" source. I don't believe any such feature is being considered.
jander04

Post by jander04 »

The message system in MLS is better than having nothing, but has lots of room for improvement. As a stake clerk, I would like to see the following:

1. The ability to create sub folders so we can categorize messages from headquarters, from the various wards, or to categorize for the various clerks. Over the years there are quite a few messages, and scrolling up and down through them is really difficult.

2. The ability to perform a key work search.

3. When I reply to a ward, I can't just hit reply because the name on the message and name I use in my address book are different. I have to change the To: person to get the reply to work. If the message came from ward 1, when I press reply, the reply should go to ward 1 despite the name.

Jerry

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”