Hymns statistics project

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Hymns statistics project

Post by sbradshaw »

Someone posted this link in the LDS Music Resources Facebook group. It looks really interesting:
http://hymnstats.blogspot.com/
The idea is to collect information and track trends for what hymns are sung around the United States (and possibly in other countries, as well).

I'm posting it here because I've seen topics come up from time to time about spreadsheets for tracking hymns, etc. and maybe some of you can help with his project!
joeystanley

Re: Hymns statistics project

Post by joeystanley »

Thanks for posting this for me. I'm the guy in charge of this project. I'm commenting here so hopefully people can see this post again.

What I need the most are those spreadsheets a lot of wards put together to keep track of what hymns they've been singing for the past year or so. If your ward has anything like that, please let me know. Email me at hymnstats@gmail.com or go to the link in the previous post. Thanks everyone!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I keep a spreadsheet on our speakers. I only track the most recent date and the bishopric uses it to track who has talked and who has not. The clerk keeps minutes of this information each week.

If you have the same information available, a simple pivot table in excel can present the information very easily. It would be fairly manual, but easy to maintain.
joeystanley

Post by joeystanley »

True. Pivot tables are great. However, I want to get a couple hundred spreadsheets from different wards across the country, not just my own ward.

Return to “General Discussions”