Gospel Library Update

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

bharline

Gospel Library Update

Post by bharline »

As a Windows 8.1 user, I am anxiously awaiting a Gospel Library version were I can read, highlight, and make notes. Currently I am running an Atom Z2760 with Windows 8.1. Running Gospel Library and LDS Tools through Bluestacks has worked, not well, if I run the Android version 2.3.4. Once the highlight and note taking features are added, I can get rid of my apple devices and only bring one to church.

How is the new rendering engine coming? Can you provide a sneak peek of it? Will the LDS Tools for Win 8.1 be unveiled around the same time?

Hurry please! thank you for the update.
ToManyLetters

Re: Gospel Library Update

Post by ToManyLetters »

Gospel Library for Windows is coming along quite nicely, with the groundwork for annotations, highlighting, and linking being worked on now for inclusion in a later release. The new rendering engine for the app is great.
ss1.png
(201.2 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
ss2.png
(136.63 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
As for when it' coming out? We don't have an exact schedule for release aside from "when it's ready". Many people are diligently coding and testing the app so that it can be made available to everyone as soon as possible. We're vigorously testing an internal beta right now.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm an iOS user, but I must say that the design of the Windows app here looks great!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bharline

Post by bharline »

Thanks for the update. The screen shot is great. Will it work with OneNote as other users suggested? If you need another beta tester, let me know. The Gospel Library...and then LDS Tools are the only things I am missing in Windows 8.
rokent

Post by rokent »

I would be glad to beta test as well.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

We have just launched a public beta, you can get it from the Store at http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/g ... eeec2a95b2

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”