Import iCal Not Working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidbann

Import iCal Not Working

Post by davidbann »

Hi there,

I am trying to update our stake calendar. I am the Stake Executive Clerk and I have access to update the calendar. When I try the import iCal utility, when I select the "New Calendar" dropdown it does not give me any calendars to select.

How do I get to select the stake calendar in order to import to it?

Regards,
David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Import iCal Not Working

Post by russellhltn »

If you click on the gear icon and select "calendars", do you have any active ones?

I'm a little puzzled by they phrase "the stake calendar". Most stakes have several. As a Stake Executive Secretary, you only have admin rights to the stake system, not to any wards. So if there are no stake calendars, there would be none to select, since you can't select the wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm confused what "import iCal utility" you are using – is it this page you're looking at?
https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/sync.jsp
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm confused what "import iCal utility" you are using – is it this page you're looking at?
https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/sync.jsp
If you're an admin, there is a import utility. But note - that it can't schedule buildings, so it's of limited use. Mostly to transition from the old system to the new. I wouldn't recommend it for that reason.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”