Saved Downloads

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
justinjohannessen

Saved Downloads

Post by justinjohannessen »

Hi. I'm a first time poster but long time user and just had to ask this question. In the old Gospel Library app (2.5 I believe) when you would manage your library it would only show those things that the user had downloaded and you could add to it if you wanted to. I don't know if there is something that I am missing in the new 3.0 app but it seems like i can't find a place for my downloaded media content. It makes it frustrating when I download a video from say Mormon Messages and I have to search to find the video again in the search bar and then try and remember which video I downloaded. Is there a place in this version of the app where downloaded media is stored and easily accessible. I searched the forum topics already and the FAQ and cant find it anywhere. Any help on finding this feature would be awesome or implementaion would be AMAZING if it's not available!! Thanks!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Saved Downloads

Post by sbradshaw »

No, there isn't, but I wish there was.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
justinjohannessen

Seems like this is something that this app really needs because I have had to uninstall and reinstall this app several times to clear space on my Ipad because I have 5 gigs of media I've downloaded but I can't see what it is! I feel like it's a quick fix but one that would be supremely helpful to anyone who loves to show media content in class or for family home evening. I don't want to have to keep uninstalling this app every time I need to delete a video.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In Android, "Downloaded media" is found under settings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justinjohannessen

I'm pretty sure I posted this question in the right spot. I am referring to the IOS version of the app so info on the android version is moot. I don't know if the devs read this forum but implementation of this crucial feature would make this app perfect. Everything else about this app I love but I have to uninstall this app every week because I download movies for class to use on the Apple T.V and can't delete them individually afterwards. Also, because the app crashes sometimes, it resets and I am found scrambling trying to find the video I just downloaded in time to show it. Just thought I would put my vote in for this feature!! Please add!! :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some of us don't have iOS, so we do what we can with the Android version in hopes that iOS is similar enough for it to be of help. The alternative is to ignore the post completely. :(
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justinjohannessen

I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude. I really wasn't trying to be. I was just making sure I had posted this in the proper forum and not in the Android one. Thank you for the helpful tip but unfortunately IOS does not have a downloads section under settings. I have even tried to add videos to my favorites list because that would be just as good as having a downloads folder but I can't do that either. It will only favourite the broader section that the content is found in. I can't even bookmark a video!! I have tried everything. Please help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hopefully someone with access to iOS will see this. However, sometimes silence means no one else has a answer. :(

krbrady

Post by krbrady »

I tried something that worked for me on my iPad. I chose the video I wanted to download. I tapped the little square box with the arrow in the upper right of the video. A circle appeared (which appeared to show the progress of the video downloading). When the video finished downloading a circle with an x in it appeared. That signifies that the video is downloaded to my iPad. I then put my iPad in "airplane mode" and tried to play the video with no internet connection. It worked!

I exited the app and then went through the process of locating the video again (Young Women, Young Women: Come, Follow Me, August: Marriage and Family, How can I strengthen my family?, scroll down to video location - circle with x is still there and it played with no wifi)

Hopefully it will work for you also. Haven't tried to delete the video yet. ;-)
krbrady

Post by krbrady »

Actually deleting the video is even easier -- simply tap the circle with the x in the upper right corner of the video and the app asks if you would like to delete the video!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”