Username and password auto fill

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
zaneclark

Username and password auto fill

Post by zaneclark »

I can open LDS sites on my iPad and, those that need the LDS Account, auto fill kicks in, but on my desktop, I still have to type in the username and password each time. I have tried this with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome with the same result. Is there a way to get auto fill to work with these browsers like it does with my iPad?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Username and password auto fill

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I can open LDS sites on my iPad and, those that need the LDS Account, auto fill kicks in, but on my desktop, I still have to type in the username and password each time. I have tried this with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome with the same result. Is there a way to get auto fill to work with these browsers like it does with my iPad?
I doubt it. Your iPad browser is actually working incorrectly. The sign-in page contains instructions that the username and password are not to be remembered, and your iPad browser is not honoring those settings.
mevans

Post by mevans »

There are password managers you can get that may facilitate what you desire. Some of them are built into browsers, and others are free or paid apps that can help you manage passwords and assist you with logging in.

Be sure you understand any security considerations if you choose to use any of these password managers. This has to do with security of your passwords and security of any church data to which you have access.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Safari on my Mac does automatically save / auto-fill the password (I don't have any add-ons), but doesn't on my iPhone. Seems it's the opposite of what you're experiencing...
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

With last update of firefox now I have my ID and Pass saved.

Return to “Church Account”