Enter VT contacts not possible for certain sisters in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
diegobvargas

Enter VT contacts not possible for certain sisters in MLS

Post by diegobvargas »

The Relief Society VT Coordinator in my ward tried to check the boxes for four sisters who were visited in the second quarter. However, those checkboxes are grayed out for May and June while the July checkbox is available. I'm trying to file the quarterly report, but without those four checkboxes checked, the report is inaccurate.

How can I solve this issue? What is causing those checkboxes to be grayed out?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Enter VT contacts not possible for certain sisters in ML

Post by aebrown »

diegobvargas wrote:What is causing those checkboxes to be grayed out?
The only reason I've seen that in the past is for new sisters who moved into the ward. If they moved in in June, then you can't report VT for June (or May, for that matter). Sisters have to have been in the ward for a full month before you can report a VT visit for them.
diegobvargas wrote:How can I solve this issue?
You can manually enter the number of sisters visited -- you don't have to let MLS calculate the visits for you. But before you do that, make sure that the base number of sisters shown on your quarterly report does include those sisters -- if the base number doesn't include them, then you should not be counting them as being visited for the reporting month.
diegobvargas

Post by diegobvargas »

Aebrown, thank you for your reply and assistance.

What is interesting about this issue is that a few of the sisters have been in the ward since May. It seems to me that MLS should allow for anyone moved-in, even in the last month of any quarter to be counted since these sisters were visited that month.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

diegobvargas wrote:What is interesting about this issue is that a few of the sisters have been in the ward since May.
If they moved in since May, then that would explain why June is the first month for recording a visit.

diegobvargas wrote:It seems to me that MLS should allow for anyone moved-in, even in the last month of any quarter to be counted since these sisters were visited that month.
I'm sure you'd see it quite differently if they moved in the week of May 26-31st and the first time you ever saw them was June 1. I'm sure you'd like to record them since they were visited, but they're not being counted in the number of sisters in the ward for May, so they're neither counted for or against you for that month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
diegobvargas

Post by diegobvargas »

We're trying to check the box for June since they've been in the ward since May.

Let me make sure I understand. The oldest moved-in date is May 28, but they were visited in June. So they need to be in the ward a full month before the month reported as visited?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

diegobvargas wrote:So they need to be in the ward a full month before the month reported as visited?
Their records will have had to been in the ward for the full month before you can record the visit - but then unless they've been in the ward the full month, they won't be counted in the number of sisters to be VT.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
diegobvargas

Post by diegobvargas »

Great. Thank you for this information.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”