How to get Admin access to Newsletter and Calendar

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
WhittakerDB

How to get Admin access to Newsletter and Calendar

Post by WhittakerDB »

I have just been called to edit our ward newsletter and calendar. Our ward clerk does not know how to give me Admin permissions for these two areas. Can anyone explain how to do this?
drepouille

Re: How to get Admin access to Newsletter and Calendar

Post by drepouille »

I believe in MLS callings, under Technology, you should be listed as Website Administrator.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that after that's sent in, it might take a couple of days before everything gets though the multiple systems to give you those rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm not sure if "Website Administrator" is given permission to administer the newsletter by default or if another administrator needs to add the calling. The newsletter tool has a nice administrative screen when you can select who has permissions. I just took at look at our ward and "Website Administrator" wasn't there. I've changed some permissions from the default, but I don't think I would have deleted permissions.

If you you still can't get in after getting your calling updated, you need to get your Clerk to click on the "Admin" gear and make sure your calling is in the list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:I'm not sure if "Website Administrator" is given permission to administer the newsletter by default or if another administrator needs to add the calling.
According to the Help file, it's there by default.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jirp

Post by jirp »

I just looked and while I don't show in the list of approved admins for the newletter as ward clerk I do have the ability to change the admins meaning I have default admin privileges even though I don't show in the list.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jirp wrote:I just looked and while I don't show in the list of approved admins for the newletter as ward clerk I do have the ability to change the admins meaning I have default admin privileges even though I don't show in the list.
Default admins do not appear in the Newsletter admin list. So you can't draw any conclusions about the capabilities of a default admin just because you don't see his or her name on the list.

However, default admins do appear explicitly in the Calendar admin list -- I don't know why these two apps work differently, but they do.

Return to “Newsletter”